Friday, October 15, 2010

my kind of hunter - DEERHUNTER


If your not sure who the band is Deerhunter is - well I strongly suggest now is a good time to discover who they are with the newest CD Halcyon Digest. The reason I say this is because the band who has mentioned that Echo & the Bunnymen, Brian Eno, David Bowie and My Bloody Valentine as "defining influences." have seemed to create a joyful level ground to jump onto to figure them out.

Now hardcore fans have argued in the blog world that this album is a real loss or pull away to earlier days of the music experimentation that broke barriers and played with emotions using the simplest and interesting techniques. I do not agree with this at all. In fact....

I think it is a real easy approach album in my mind that could really open up the doors to all the wonderful stuff they've done before. So for all those listeners who can't just jump into the kind of music that is a bit edgy, take chances, and not fit for radio; here's your chance to be guided into a new world.

Luckly for Montrealer's the band is in town this Sunday Oct 17th playing @ La Tulipe. As a fan I'll be in attendence and welcome all hardcore and new fans to join the show. The live performaces always promise to hold more then you'd expect.

see ya there.

1 comment: